Moothon, Geethu Mohandas’ upcoming movie has one of the most extraordinary teams roped in – Nivin Pauly, Anurag Kashyap, Kunal Sharma, Riya Khomu, Sunil Rodrigues and Rajeev Ravi. Moothon will have Nivin Pauly in the lead, Anurag Kashyap helping with the Hindi dialogues, cinematography done by Rajeev Ravi , Kunal Sharma, sound engineer of Gangs of Wasseypur, Wasiq Khan as production designer, Sneha Khanwalkar as music director and Sunil Rodrigues, action director of Dilwale. Apart from them artist Riyas Khomu and singer Govind Menon are part of the team. Ever since the filmmaker made the announcement, Moothon has become the talk of the town. Moothon will be produced by Aanand L Rai, Ajay Rai and Alan McAlex. Here are 5 things that you should know about Moothon.
- The movie is basically about a boy from Lakshadweep who is in a search for his lost brother.
- Moothan was at first titled Inshallah. In the movie, Nivin Pauly will be speaking, Malayalam, Hindi and Lakshwadeep dialect.
- The major part of the film will be shot at Lakshadweep and Mumbai. Currently, the pre-production is going on for the VFX and other aspects. The shoot will commence in April 2017.
- According to Geethu Mohandas, Moothon required Anurag Kashyap’s peculiar dialogues in the parts where the character reaches Mumbai. Anurag who was impressed with the script straight away agreed to be part of the project. Moothon happens to be Anurag Kashyap’s debut Malayalam venture.
- Moothon is Geethu Mohandas’ first feature film in her mother tongue, Malayalam. Her directorial debut was the 2009 short film Kelkkunundo and in 2013, she directed the socio political film Liar’s Dice which received two National Film Awards, was premiered at Sundance Film Festival, and has been chosen as India’s entry for the U.S. 87th Academy Awards, popularly known as the Oscars.